Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CD 3 update

I wish I could find the excitement that I had last cycle. It's really funny how different my two Clomid check u/s appointments have been. Last month, when I started my period, I was thrilled. In fact, I wash shaking and sick at my stomach the entire two hour drive. This cycle, day one was on Sunday, so I called my RE as soon as they opened yesterday morning. No hooplah. Jason couldn't even come with me because of car trouble and a work situation. It didn't really bother me though. But it is nice to have someone to talk to about the whole thing when that's all you can think about and your best friend is busy trying to graduate :)

Calee and I have scootched a day closer cycle wise this time. That's kind of fun. She's on day 7 and I'm on day 3, which means I start taking my Clomid tonight. Hmmm, see even taking Clomid was fun last cycle. It was something new and different and I felt I was doing something effective and proactive about my fertility. This time it's just kinda ..."oh, I am supposed to start Clomid tonight, I guess that means I need to go pick up my meds." The pharmacist wish me luck. It's pretty hilarious when your pharmacist knows more than your own parents do about the major things going on in your life.

Here are some of the really good things about starting when I did this month:
I didn't have to worry about the chemicals I was cleaning my house with for the party I had for some friends on Saturday. I was able to have two beers and a glass of wine at the party. Jason and my two hour flight to visit family at the end of the month will not interfere with my ovulation. I'll be in my 2ww and just have to take my progesterone tablets with me. I'm thinking it will be good for me to take a flight right in the middle of my 2ww. Honestly. Instead of worrying whether or not I'm having implantation cramping, I can worry about my little 3oz. bottles of toiletries and the two hours it's going to take to get through security and praying to God we don't get snowed in. Or maybe we do get snowed in. That would certainly make it interesting. And you know what I'll be doing to pass the time if we do??? Oh yeah, baby! Peeing on as many pregnancy tests as I can get my hands on! :)

No comments: